Like so many IT service providers, you rely on Autotask to keep your business running smoothly. It helps automate employee management and avoid duplication. But, what happens when a customer leaves a message on your answering machine or sends an email with a problem? There’s a job that needs someone’s attention, but it’s not being tracked. The problem? This is exactly how your previously organized and efficient management system begins to unravel.
Here’s one scenario that illustrates how easily it can all go awry:
One of your customers sends an email to your general mailbox. Her printer, which she needs to print handouts for a meeting later that day, has gone kaput (technically speaking, of course).
After about five minutes of biting her nails and waiting for a response, she sends an email to Mike. Five minutes later, she sends an even more frantic email to Joe. Now, both Mike and Joe are tied up on this one simple problem – and none of the time is being tracked by Autotask.
At the end of the week, you review your team’s productivity levels. They’re down. Now, you have to go around and ask questions. Will Mike and Joe remember the wasted time? Maybe, but maybe not.
But don’t worry; this won’t happen to you. Why? Because you’ll have Email2AT.
Here’s how it works:
- Your customer sends an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your email server forwards the email to Email2AT
- Email2AT parses the message and creates a ticket in Autotask
- You update the ticket in Autotask
- A notification email is sent from Autotask to your customer
- Your customer replies via email, and Email2AT intercepts the inbound message, logging the response as a note against the Autotask ticket
Additional Email2AT Benefits:
- Every minute your employees spend answering emails is automatically logged in Autotask against the specific ticket. So, not only will your employees be more productive with this organized system, but you’ll have an easier time managing their time.
- Emails and voicemail messages can be automatically sent through Email2AT. That means you’ll have an automatic ticket for every single customer contact.
- Sign up to get email notifications of new software updates and a ticket will automatically be created when you receive a software announcement.
By now, you’re probably wondering how you ever ran your IT service business without Email2AT. So, what are you waiting for? Click here to create your MSPintegrations.com account.
Questions? Click here to contact us.